Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"They can't even kill you properly" in a Liberal health-care system

Debbi Chase wrote in “Our health-care spending isn’t showing up at our hospitals”, (St. Catharines Standard, Apr.8, 2008):

“I would like to express my utter disgust and disgrace at the way people are treated at the St. Catharines General Hospital.


I have seen it, and have heard a lot of other people complain about it, but recently we lost our mother and I can’t tell you how appalling it is to watch your own mother die and be treated with such incompetence. I would give better treatment to a dog.


I would like to know where all our health-care money is going. The way the whole hospital is being run is complete nonsense.


What is the point in building a new hospital when the old one is being run in such a disgraceful manner?


I remember the old days when you were treated like a human being.


My mother’s dying words were: “They can’t even kill you properly in this place.”


If that isn’t sad, I certainly don’t know what is.”

I wonder if St. Catharines Liberal Jim Bradley has any answers for the Chase family, which don’t include the words ‘blame Mike Harris’?

This is happening in Jim Bradley’s wonderful Liberal government-run, single-payer health-care monopoly, where, after five years of Liberal health-care mismanagement, patients are being disgracefully treated right in Bradley’s own backyard.

And yes, this is the same Niagara Health System hospital which was revealed to have the third-highest mortality rate in Canada (according to a Nov.2007 CIHI study), which Jim Bradley and his Liberals still have not bothered to explain.

A smug and arrogant Liberal Jim Bradley doesn’t bother to respond when I ask him where our health-care taxes actually go, but will Bradley continue to ignore, run and hide from other constituents as well?

Is this what Bradley intends to do until the next election, in 2011? What a disgrace. What a shameful, bloody Liberal disgrace.
*

No comments: